Company D 1st Maryland Infantry Regiment
1ST MARYLAND UNIFORMS
The jackets that are appropriate for our impression for the 1st Maryland Infantry Regiment are either a Richmond Depot Type 1 (RD1) Shell Jacket (with 9 or 12 buttons) or the E. Courtney Jenkins style Commutation Jacket (6 buttons).
• Richmond Depot Type 1: Either made using satinet or jeans wool.
• Jenkins Commutation Jacket: Made in satinet wool.
• If you chose to get the 12 button variant, use the “small” Maryland State Seal muffin buttons
• If your jacket is of either the 6 or 9 button variant, then use the “Large” Maryland State Seal muffing buttons
• All Jackets must have black tape or welting (like photos below)
• All Jackets must be dark grey on brown jean weave (see supporting conclusions below)
• Trousers should be of same color and material as your shell jacket.
• Trousers have black ½” tape down the outer seem on each leg
• Trousers should have “mule ear” pockets
Recommended Sutler: Dirty Billy’s Hats
• Federal brogans, "Page Lapham”shoes, and civilian style shoes are all authorized
• Shirts that are homespun, linen, and wool are authorized. Please refer to our Authorized Sutler list for suppliers for correct shirts.